Friday, July 1, 2011

CATCHIN' GRASSHOPPERS

 After pulling a few weeds, Brother Bob and CC sat on a bench and looked out across their small garden.
I was driving the tractor with MJ on my lap. We were bringing weeds to the cows.
I caught a glimpse of them together. CC was gazing up at Brother Bob and her little mouth was running a mile minute. I had to giggle, thinking on all the stories she must be sharing.
After I unloaded, I headed back across the farm to get some more weeds.
MJ and I were gathering weeds when CC came running through the grape vines.
She was excited and her arms were out stretched.
She exclaimed, "We caught a grasshopper mom! And it is as green as the grass."
With that she ran back over to Brother Bob's garden.
Brother Chuck, chuckled to himself and said with a hint of sarcasm, "Those truly are a rarity."

No comments: