Monday, February 6, 2012

COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT, MONUMENT CANYON TRAIL

My husband and I went on a date Saturday morning. We hiked the Monument Canyon Trail. It was beautiful.





There were big horn sheep following us.
There was snow on the ground through a section of the trail and I may have slipped and fell once or twice.


My husband was so excited to see all of his old climbs. He even tried his hand at climbing a short way up... just to see if he could do it. Go honey!
Just me hiking along, looking all nature like, and wondering if I will be able to walk tomorrow.
My husband may have said, "That is a beauituful house built right off of the canyon trail."
All I saw was this.
Then true to form we may have not parked where the trail let out and we may have had to hike another couple miles to find the car. We laughed at ourselves. We found the car and then treated ourselves to a large helping of Mexican food.

No comments: