Thursday, February 23, 2012

IF YOU BRUSH MY HAIR, I'LL BRUSH YOURS

The other evening as the girls got out of the bath tub they offered to brush each other's hair. I thought it was so precious.

(Picture courtesy of MJ. Flower in my hair courtesy of CC.)

This morning, I and the girls sat munching on a bowl of raisin bran. I asked them if they had any good dreams last night. MJ said, "I dreamed about my teddy bear." This sentence must have sparked something in Sierra's mind. She chimmed in, "I had a dream the other day that would scare you to death." The way she said it made me smile. She said, "I dreamed all my stuffed animals were alive. They were coming toward me, and not to hug me. They were walking with these eyes." She flashed me some dead zombie like eyes. "They were like robots, not nice."

I was substituting for one of the teachers in primary a few weeks ago. The primary president shared with the children that she has a tradition in her family. Every week they pick one attribute of Christ like; courage, kindness, charity, love, patience, to work on. In the morning on the way to school they talk about ways they can be more (patient). Then they try to work on the (patience) throughout the day. They report on their efforts around the kitchen table in the evening. I have been trying to do it with my girls. I think it is a fun tradition, especially while your children are little. Today's attribute.... hard work.

No comments: