Saturday, February 4, 2012

THE RECYCLING BIN is a TREASURE BOX

Sierra loves her stuffed animals and dolls and of course she knows they are living breathing things. Last night, she had them all lined up along the couch. I sat down on the couch, but knowing how sensitive she can be, I sat forward on the edge of the couch cushion. I didn't want to smash any of her friends. Apparently, I may have not be causing them physical harm but I was blocking their view of the Barbie movie she had turned on for them, so she gently and quietly repositioned them around me so they could see. I couldn't help but giggle a little.

The girls love riffling through the recycling bin. They came up with some treasures and started building towers and forts and space ships with them. They laughed and played for a couple of hours. Clean up was easy, I just scooped it up and put it all back in the recycling bin.

Sierra was folding the clothes last night as I was washing the dishes from our evening meal. This is what she said, "You know mom, I want to do something fantastic. No, something marvelous. Yeah, I want to do something marvelous that everyone would be proud of, big people and even kids."

I thought it was cute. Isn't that all of our dreams to leave our mark on this world, that we can do something marvelous that the people will be proud of, but especially children. I truly believe they are earth's greatest treasures.

No comments: