Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

We have been together for seven years and nine months and I have loved every second of it!
I wouldn't trade all the sleepless nights, the worried filled days, the bruised forehead and scraped knees, for the whole universe.
I wouldn't trade all the giggles, the kisses, the hugs and the times you have said, "You are the best mom ever!" For the whole of the universe.
You mean everything to me.
I could have never hand picked a better first child and oldest daughter.
You are so compassionate.
You feel for other people and hurt when others hurt.
You have such a strong feeling of what is right and wrong.
You want to be good and choose the right.
You love to laugh and have taught me more about what it means to be sincerely happy than anyone.
You have the best imagination of any kid I have ever known.
You are constantly creating worlds and adventures for you and your little sister, and sometimes the neighbors, to go on.
You are a little helper and a companion for me. I love it when you ask to help me make dinner or clean the kitchen.
You love math. It is your favorite subject. You are always begging me to give you sums to add in your head.
You have changed your favorite color to blue.
You are such a good older sister. You help your little sister all time.
Your dad thinks you are the best, most talented child on the planet.
The other day you were watching wipe out together, your daddy said, "Sierra you could win that show so easily!" You said, "Yeah, I bet I could."
You have a lot of confidence in your ability to accomplish things.
Whatever you do, you do it well.
You have great coordination and are the only child I know of that could easily slice vegetable with a knife at the the age of four.
I remember you at the age of two you saying, "I can do it, I can do it!" Whenever there was an obstacle in front of you.
Do you know what? Your daddy and I both believe you can do it, "You can do anything. You will do so much! Your life is full of endless possibilities and we can't wait for another seven years!"

I am so bummed because my camera isn't working for some strange reason.
I couldn't take pictures of your special day.
You went swimming and were so excited to try the diving board for the first time.
You jumped off of it over and over and over again and said it was the best thing ever.
You are starting to become quite the swimmer.

All you wanted for your birthday was a stuffed animal.
I spent hours looking at all of them last night. I am not into stuffed animals, so it was hard for me to buy one... even though it is all you wanted.
I finally found an oversized dog at Target. He went in the cart. You named him Sandy.
I think you were more excited about the My Little Pony cake topper and have spent more time playing with it than Sandy. I should have just bought more pony's.
You also got markers and a Junie B Jones book.
Grandma McKnight brought you a present and so did the Primary Presidency and your friend Victoria who lives across the street and Sister K, but the best reaction was from the presents that Sister Palmer brought you last week for your birthday. I don't think I have ever seen a little girl more excited. You kept screaming, "Oh my!" Sister Palmer got the biggest kick out of it.

I love your stinkin' guts. STOP GROWING SO FAST!


No comments: