Thursday, September 13, 2012

CARNIVAL

 Well, Sierra wanted to go to the carnival at school, really bad.
We couldn't go.
To be honest it had a lot to do with our current budget.
It wasn't like we couldn't have gone, all it would have taken was one phone call to anyone.
I have very generous friends and an extremely generous family.
However, starting a new business requires sacrifice and my children can sacrifice too.
She has been to the carnival the last two years and she will go again next year.
 
She was upset.
I told her it broke my heart to see her sad but we can do hard thing together as a family to help Daddy.
I suggested she make her own carnival in the backyard.
She did.
She was so happy.
She spent all evening making her little carnival.
She made a pin-the-tail on the My Little Pony.
A ring toss.
A ball toss.
A fishing bucket.
And a sack race.
When Dad came home we all as a family went out and played together.
It was such a sweet beautiful evening.
I love my little family so much.
 
(You can thank me for not including pictures of the sack race. Nate couldn't participate because of his knee and so I had to. Bouncing around with a pregnant belly isn't fun. My feet broke through me sack, which was actually a plastic bag. By the time I was half way into the race, it looked like I was wearing an oversized diaper. Both of my girls were rolling on the ground laughing their little heads off. 
 
Sierra said it was the best day of her life.
 
I have to include the funny thing Sierra said today at dinner....
Sierra: Mom, how do you spell her?
Me: H-E-R
(She covers her face shocked.) Sierra: I spelt it H-R.
Me: That is okay.
(Sierra confident) Sierra: Yeah, I am sure my teacher won't notice.
(Nate suppressing a laugh) Nate: Yeah, I am sure.
 
Funny, that she missed the word her.
She worked really hard this week studying.
She got every other word on her spelling test right including the challenge words, which were...
September, August, forces, motion, and problem.
 
I also have to say in case our situation sounds more dire than it is. Nate is doing really well, really well. We are both in awe at how the Lord has blessed him in his new venture. We have only had our doors open about two month and yet we can see that he is going to be very, very successful.
He is crazy good at what he does and I am so proud of him.






No comments: