Friday, September 28, 2012

THE CAT DIS-DAPPEARED and RE-APPEARED

This little girl's cat disappeared for the evening the other night.
She yelled and yelled for it.
She kept running off down the street in search of Edison.
She made me nervous, because you know how I am.
 I told her to stay in the backyard and that eventually he would be back.
She wasn't listening very good. She was desperate to find her cat.
She drew a picture of her cat in sidewalk chalk and wrote.
"If you see this cat
please call, xxx-xxxx."
It may have been effective if the cat hadn't resembled every cat you had ever seen or if she hadn't drawn it on the back porch.
This little girl cracks me up.
She moped and whinnied for her cat.
Later that night, while they were in their pajamas, they made their last sweep of the backyard before bed time.
They called the cat's name a few dozen time.
"Edison!"
"Edison!"
Edison leaped over the fence from the back alleyway.
Madison squealed and screamed, "Edison's back. Edison's back!"
Her joy was priceless.
 
On another note:
 
I love listening to Sierra indoctrinate Madison. She said, "Madison, of course you haven't seen our stuffed animals and and dolls come to life, it is because they are nocturnal. Do you know what that means? They are active at night." Hilarious.
 
And yet another note:
 
Sierra came home from school the other day and said, "Mom, you played a trick on me."
I said, "What are you talking about?"
She said, "I took my lunch to school and opened it up and there was a half eaten sandwich, some brown pears, an empty yogurt, a half eaten cookie and no drink."
I thought, "Why did mom pack me this disgusting lunch?"
I ate a little and then went to recess.
I just remembered right now that I left my lunch box at school yesterday. 
You packed me a new lunch today and it is still in my backpack."
She giggled.
Sorry kid.
I didn't trick you.
You tricked yourself.
BUT, you make me laugh my mommy head off.

No comments: