Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MY SWEET AMAZING HUSBAND

Nate always remembers to get me something for Mother's Day.
This year he didn't disappoint.
Aren't they beautiful?
I smile every time I look at them.
The vase is amazing too, it is three feet tall.
My grandma loved orchids and could keep them alive for a long time, at least six months.
I am really excited to take care of them.
 
Nate has bought me flowers a lot in our married life.
At first it was cut flowers but they were expensive and died fast.
Then he bought me planted flowers, he thought it was a better use of our money.
I hated it.
I knew it was rude to not just love his plants, but it was just one more thing I felt responsible for. I didn't want to water the plant every day. I didn't want to feel guilty when I couldn't manage to keep it alive. Nate has a knack for picking out not-hardy indoor plants and I have a knack for killing them fast, like within a week. So, why not just buy a cut flower?
I have mentioned it. I hope not too often because it is really rude and I know I just need to change my attitude but.... I am ridiculous, someone should just spank my bottom.
 
I told him yesterday how much I loved the orchids he bought me for Mother's Day. I told him that my sister said you can keep them alive for at least six months. He thought it was hilarious that he bought me a cut flower on purpose, so I wouldn't stress over keeping it alive. He was wondering why I was happy about the fact that I could keep it alive. He asked why I wanted the responsibility of taking care of this cut flower, when I was so frustrated with all the plants he had ever bought me.
 
He is right, I am crazy, but I am really glad he loves me.
 
I guess the difference is that less than a month ago my sweet grandmother passed away and she would have loved these beautiful orchids. They are something she would have in her home. Nate has never bought me orchids. I like to think she was there helping him pick them out.
 
Nate, someday if you ever read this, although I am pretty sure you never will. I want to take care of the orchids, because they are gorgeous. They aren't ordinary. They aren't just a house plant. They are so lovely and it breaks my heart to think of that gorgeous vase empty. Thank you for buying them for me. I will love you forever. Thank you for all you do for me and our babies.
Eternally yours, Lisa.


 A rare picture. Love you, Nate.

No comments: