Wednesday, May 29, 2013

RAINY DAY

 
Monday was Memorial Day. Kay invited us up to the farm for a Memorial Day BBQ. (We were so grateful for the invite, without it Memorial Day might have gone uncelebrated. Nate had plans with one of the young men, Daniel, to go fishing. They spent the whole day until late in the evening fishing.) I committed to bring pies and a salad to the picnic. I first had to run to the store. I got a call from Kay asking if I would stop by the farm and pick up eggs, so I could boil them for her. I said I would love to, knowing I had to run to the store anyway. I gathered my little chicks and got them all put in the car. Then we headed out.
 
When we got to the farm Kay walked with me to gather eggs. Then on the way back to the car she suggested I leave MJ and CC with her, so I could run my errands and make my dishes. I didn't even hesitate. I thanked her, and speed away before she could change her mind.
 
I went home and cooked my dishes while James napped. I went back to the farm when I was done, about two hours later. I found my girls laying down in the grass drying under the sun. They had taken a dip, fully clothed, in Kay's inflatable swimming pool. They were so happy.
 
I helped Kay put the last of the BBQ together. We had two other families from the church over. The food was delicious. The company was good. I was flattered that Chuck was first in line for my banana cream pie. I made them for him.
 
James was done after a full day of busy mom. We didn't stay long. When James escalated to scream, I put him in his car seat and hurried the girls into the car. MJ was at the ditch with her little friend making mud pies. They were covered in mud from head to toe. I threw her in the car with mud all over here. Luckily, I have a car I don't care a thing about. I threw her in the shower when we got home. She was leery about the idea, but when I started singing, Singing in Rain to her, she relaxed. (Wish I had pictures. It is hard to carry around a camera and a baby.)
 
It was a beautiful day and my children had so much fun.
 
Tuesday was overcast all day. I kept expecting it to rain but it didn't. The girls played Barbie's in their bedroom all morning. Sierra has discovered Hailey Mills. She loves her. She watched Pollyanna, Parent Trap, That Darn Cat, and (not a Hailey Mills but from the same time period) Swiss Family Robinson. She has watched them all at least twice since Friday. A little too much television but good television, so I don't mind. I thought about why these movies were so good. The thought came to me, because they celebrate the Family. While CC was distracted with her movies, MJ created this wonderful trail of Barbie's, Barbie's clothes, and pillows, from the pillow fight bag Jenny made us for Christmas.
 
Wednesday, today, we went to the Thrift store and bought a bunch of board games and books for the summer. We had fun searching through our little thrift store, one of my girls favorite activities.
 




No comments: