Sunday, May 19, 2013

SIERRA IS FUNNY

 Today was another lazy Sunday.
We were all piled on the couch watching Finding Nemo.
All of our toes were touching and I told Sierra to run grab the camera.
I had painted our toes earlier in the week and I thought they were cute all piled up.
 
Sierra was in the bathroom with me earlier this week. I was doing her hair. She is never happy when I am doing her hair. She said, "I don't like it when you come in to my room in the morning singing. I don't like it when you sing." I said, "Well, you could change your attitude and like that I sing to you in the morning. I could come in your room all fired up and angry, would you like that instead?" She said, "No, but I don't like your singing." I said, "Well, you could choose to like my singing." She said, "I can't change what I don't like." I said, "Yes you can, that is the best part of life. We get to choose whether we want to like something or not. We can change how we feel by making a different choice."
 
She must have been listening.
 
This morning we were getting ready to head to stake conference. The cat got into the house from the garage. Nate wasn't happy. He told Sierra to get her cat out of the house. He then explained again how frustrated he is when she lets her cat into the garage at night because he climbs into the four-runner and sleeps on his seat. Then he climbs into the car with cat hair everywhere. It gets on him and he can't go to work with cat hair on his clothes. (True!)
 
She said, "Dad, I think you need to just choose to like the cat in the garage."
He didn't like that all.
But, she was listening.... and I was one proud mommy. 

No comments: