Sunday, February 28, 2016

HAPPY SUNDAY

I am stealing an idea from a friend. She does a Happy Sunday picture of her family every Sunday. She says that she can never get them to all look at the camera and smile or even be normal and that is what makes it so funny. I love this one. It might be the first of many. Happy Sunday!
 
I am on a personal journey lately to be more like my Savior. Yes, I realize how difficult that is. Yes, I realize that my humanness is so glaring at times it is embarrassing to admit aloud that I actually think I am trying. I have tried to rid my life of anything that chases the Holy Ghost away. I am doing better, although I am not perfect at all. I am trying to focus on things that will bring the Holy Ghost into my life. 
 
Along with that, I have been trying to make the Sabbath a delight. The new emphasis has almost backfired on my soul. Sacrament meeting has become such a chore lately. It is more apparent that my children have no idea how to be reverent or listen. I feel like I am shushing my children and trying to distract them from melt downs so much I don't hear of feel anything. I have wanted to reject my babies or control them, to invite his spirit in.
 
I had this moment today as I looked at James's tiny hands grabbing too many pieces of bread. I thought about how the bread in a symbolic way, but in a very real way was going to ultimately save him and me and keep him mine forever. I thought of how the atonement doesn't just rescue us individually but as families. Instead of trying to close my eyes and think of the Savior I opened my eyes and thought of the Savior and what he literally has done for that chaotic bench. For this small precious family. How because of him I could be made perfect, because of him we were bond together each of us forever, because of him my life is beautiful, and through him I can do all things.
 
I have always wanted to be in this meditative prayerful state during the sacrament. I have always thought that would make me feel close to the Savior. Today I felt the raw beauty of this sacred ordinance by opening my eyes and being a mother. I think if I use this ordinance to look at my babies through the Savior's eyes I will be filled with his love. He never wanted to turn the children out or put them away but he beckoned them to come unto him. I love Him and am grateful for the love He shows me every day.
 
Amen

No comments: