Saturday, February 20, 2016

I CRIED

 I received this package a few days before Valentines and before I even unwrapped it I got choked up. The box means nothing to anyone else but the world to me.
Nate and I honeymooned in a small costal community called Ft. Bragg. It is on the Northern California coast. We stopped off at the Mendocino Chocolate Company. It is a small chocolate shop where you can watch these old ladies making chocolates by hand. He said he would order them for me ever year to remind me of the time went spent together there.
Well, time has gone by and he never has ordered them, except our first anniversary. I thought he had long since forgotten those words. I have never brought it up. Their chocolates are expensive and I didn't mind that he never ordered them for me. Then twelve years later on Valentines, this box arrived. I didn't have to even open the box to feel overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness. It was such a sweet gesture.


No comments: