Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Memorial Day WEEKEND

Memorial Day weekend we headed to Utah Valley. We stopped in at my in-laws and had lasagna and hung out with Nate's family for an hour. My boys loved playing with their cousins there and playing with grandma's legos. I haven't seen Spencer in a while it was so good to see his handsome face. I was teasing Nate that Spencer is only a year younger than him. He is as ripped as Nate was when we were first married. He has a full head of hair. I shouldn't have, but marriage and children does something to a person... me included. It doesn't have to. I have girlfriends who still fit into their wedding dress that have had as many kids as me, but it takes a ton of effort. Effort, neither of us is committed to right now. I diverge.

I got to spend a day at my brother's house. I wish I could say I was helping bless his life because he was having a hard time, but I was just there. I watched Katrina scrub walls like a hero, Karalee organize a closet like a professional, Kimberly steam a bathroom and sanitize it like life itself depended on it, (and maybe it does) and my mother scrub a toilet and polish it better than new. They did all this with fourteen kids running around needing to be fed and nurtured. I did nothing. I held Logan. I took up space and bought lunch. It was so good for my soul to be surrounded by good, kind, serviceable, Christ-like women. I believe those women could move mountains! I think they did that day. 

I got to go up and see my grandparent's grave too. I miss them. I wish I could go down and sit with them and feel their souls near mine again. I wish I could play grandpa a round of ping pong and ask grandma how she did it. Her home was always a place of perfect peace, organized and spotless and she made beautiful meals and served them all with love. I never heard her complain, it was just what she did. I often think my pathetic attempt at being a housewife pales compared to what she was about to do with so much less. Grandma I just want you to teach me!

I got to spend one day babysitting all the grandkids while the other women ran back up to finish what they started. I was glad Jennifer trusted me to watch her girls. I absolutely adore them. Tamara brought Lily over and helped me out. Michelle also let me watch Leo, Claire and Tessie. We had a house full. It was a lot of fun. The kids ran through the sprinklers. 





















No comments: