Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Father's Day

Nate spoke on Father's Day. He gave a beautiful talk on the importance of honoring your priesthood. He ran out of time and only got to speak for a few minutes. He amazed me with the points he brought up. I kept thinking, "You think about that?" He continually surprises me. It has been so fun to see him muddle through calling and announcements, bare his testimony, and weep after the primary children sing. I am seeing. a new side of him. Being second counselor in the bishopric has been really amazing for his soul. We feel so blessed to be apart of a ward that needs us and loves us.

Confession, I forgot it was Father's Day until I got to church. I did make Nate a nice dinner, luckily despite being out of town I was able to come up with something good. We had sweet meatballs and rice, salad and green bean casserole. Sierra made a naked cake with Happy Father's Day written on it. She has been baking a lot lately and has gotten really good at it.

I made some snarky comment about knowing I should make him a nice lunch because it was Father's Day. He actually said, "Lay down. I will make lunch." He made the kids hotdogs. I didn't get to lay down but I thought it was such a sweet gesture. It warmed my heart. I am continually in awe with how far both of us have grown as a couple.


No comments: