Saturday, June 16, 2018

VERNAL TEMPLE

We got to go to the Vernal Temple with Simon and Leslie on Saturday. Leslie had some direct family names she has been eager to take to the temple. I wanted to go. It was a little bit of a miracle how it all worked out. Friday is date night. We were out at El Tapitio, our go to restaurant for date night. Nate had committed to go and he wanted me to come. I told him with Logan and our other kids I just didn't think I could make it happen. Then a thought came to my mind, call the Price girls. It must have been inspiration from the spirit because everything fell into place. Nate and I ran to the grocery store and bought some easy things for them to cook. They met us at our house. I knew our kids were in good hands. We took off to the temple. We stayed the night in Vernal. Logan slept through the night. I felt tender mercies all about us.

I didn't get to go into the temple with our nursing son. However, we were challenged to read the Book of Mormon and highlight all the examples of ministering. I sat on the temple lawn and read while Logan slept for two hours. It was such a beautiful moment. I learned so much. I was so amazed by all the revelation I received as I sat there pouring over the scriptures. The Isaiah chapters that I have endured so many times, came to life on the page. I would have loved to have stayed there all day.


We went to the LDS bookstore and I bought my first set of scriptures with the name Lisa McKnight on them. I love them. Then we went out to lunch and stopped at a gift shop and bought Logan a teddy. His first. He loves it. He was a little fussy on the way home. Overall it was an amazing trip. We were so happy to just laugh and talk with Simon and Leslie, we don't get to spend quality time like that together very often.


No comments: