Friday, May 21, 2010

PITTSBURGH IS GREEN

Today Nate took Sierra fishing. She was so happy. I got to clean my home in peace. I was so happy. MJ napped. When she woke up she wanted to go for a walk. Pittsburgh is green and warm and beautiful. As I walked through the neighborhood, I thought I could live here forever, summer makes me feel this way, but alas I won't. This place I love and have called home for four years will soon be a memory.
As I walked, I thought about my dear friend who announced earlier this week that they would be moving to Northern Michigan, to a small rural town, where everyone knows everyone. I am happy for her. I can see her as the leading character in her own small town story. I also thought about my sweet friend who just had a baby boy. He is so beautiful. When I held him yesterday I felt his soul. He made me baby hungry. I suddenly realized I was walking toward his home. I wanted to hold him again. I shied away when I got close and saw his grandparents walking up to the door. It is there time now. I will be back.
Then I thought about the big changes that will be happening in our life. Nate officially accepted his job this morning. We are moving to Grand Junction, Colorado. I feel blessed. I know my Father-in-Heaven's hands are guiding us. I could not have hoped for a better ending to our Pittsburgh Story.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

how exciting lisa! i am happy for you. it will be great to be a little closer to family and it seems like colorado is a perfect place for you guys. we will miss ya here. but YAY here comes an income!

Jessica said...

I am so happy for you! Yes you will be closer to family too, how exciting!!!

Caroline Craven said...

LIfe is so turbulent when you are getting settled into a career. Congrats to Nate for getting a job in a tough economy and congrats to you - you will be so much closer to home. Leaving friends and moving on is a tough thing to do, but it seems like life always has a new opportunity for new friends around every corner.

kbhull said...

Lisa,
Long time no see or talk! Congrats on the job! I love your blog and can't believe this time has come to an end!
Good luck with all the new adventures!!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

this is such a sweet post. I'm so excited for you and all the changes that will happen for your sweet little family! congrats!