Saturday, May 22, 2010

TORENTIAL RAIN AND HAPPY BABIES

The sky was grey when I woke up. It rained most of the day. As the evening came to a close, the thunder started fighting with the lightnings and the noises escalated into one final bang and then silence. The weather mirrored my mood perfectly. I was grumpy, then sad, then mad, and then silent. Reflecting back, I don't know what started it. Maybe the move. Maybe the chaos of trying to put life back together after vacation. Maybe my dirty house. Maybe my sassy child or my cranky one. However, one nerve on my circuit fried after another until I crashed. To close the day, we read a page from our scriptures. My heart wasn't in it. I read anyway.
Our page today, 194 from the Book of Mormon. "And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort,... and I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me heareafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions... And it came to pass that the burdens... were made light;... and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
These words spoke to me. Cheer filled patience seemed almost unattainable today. However, it came... even with torential rains. As I closed the day, I got to enjoy watching Madison lay peacefully on my bed and Sierra play with her complete Sleeping Beauty set, as I hung clothes. This calmed me and made me smile. I love my girls and their happy ways.

2 comments:

DJ said...

Sis,

You tell me when your moving and I'll fly out and help. Hey, it's what I do. I rather enjoy our moving adventures. You don't think I'd leave you alone for the biggest of them all.

I love your guts!

Me

Caroline Craven said...

Sorry you had such an awful day. They do find their way into our lives, don't they. It's amazing how weather can affect us so much. I woke up very cranky today because Kent snored, loudly, all night long. I was pretty mad at him. I know he can't help it, but still - I need my sleep too. Even out on the sofa I could still hear him, which made me even more angry last night and then I was so wound up I couldn't sleep at all! However, I am glad you found your peace at the end of the day in the scriptures. Sometimes it is elusive for days!!!