Tuesday, June 8, 2010

STEVE SONG's

Well, I and the girls went to our first concert together. Potentially, it could have been fun and maybe looking back I will think it was fun someday but then again maybe I will remember... that ther were torrential rains as we made our way to the concert and I almost turned back twice. My friends encouraged me to keep going. We parked and then crossed a bridge. There were at least a hundred kayaks on the river as we drove into the parking garage and then like magic, when we walked onto the bridge, they were all virtually gone. Sierra did see a pink one though and now wants one for Christmas.
She kept hanging over the bridge and looking down at the water, which was fine. Then her sister wanted to see by attempting to squeeze her body through the rail, which wasn't fine. Then Sierra kept running ahead of us, so I yelled her name. I embarrassed her and she started to cry. She clung to my legs while I pushed MJ in her stroller and tried not to trip.
We finally got to the tent and there was some magician preforming the opening act. However, this little kid was much more entertaining and better looking.
And this little kid too, who's father dared brave the outing along with his wife.
Meet Steve. Due to the inclement weather the concert was held in a tent. A tent the size of my living room. There were so many people crammed in such a small amount of space. To say it was hot is an understatement, and the humitity was so high we all got to take a shower in our own perspiration. MJ had enough. She threw herself in the aisles, which was so crowded with people she was almost stepped on twice, but if I tried to move her or lift her she would scream, which was even more disruptive.
I knew MJ was going to get squished. I finally picked her up and walked out. Sierra followed me screaming. She wanted to stay. She could have stayed with our friends but didn't want me to leave. She wanted me to go to the front and dance at the feet of Steve, like her friends were. I told her I couldn't but to just go stand by her friend, "No I want you." Sweetness. Envisioning her at 16, begging her mom to be a groupie with her, made me chuckle. Then envisioning me doing all the hand motions and jumping up and down at my full height with all these little kids around me also made me chuckle. I may have done it, but too bad for everyone there MJ wouldn't let me go back in the tent. We finally just went home.
Moral, buy the CD and be groupies together in the living room.

2 comments:

DJ said...

You are such a great Mom!

Caroline Craven said...

The things we don't do for our kids! We did a few things like that in CA when the girls were little, some of the stuff they remember, most of it they don't. But I remember how painful a lot of it was. This will be a funny/miserable memory.