Friday, December 10, 2010

COUNT DOWN TO CHRISTMAS


Last year a dear friend did a post on her blog about a tradition they started. She went to the library and checked out twelve christmas books. Then her children got to open one every night until Christmas. It was a real fun count down to Christmas. I was determined to do it this year for Christmas. I went to our little Fruita library and felt a little guilty emptying their shelf of Christmas books. I sent the girls off to pick out their own books and told them mom was putting together a surprise so they couldn't peak. (They can't go far because the library is as big as my living room.) I then picked up some paper for a dollar and tape for a dollar at the family dollar and spent the evening wrapping books. (I love to wrap presents, so it was really fun for me and especially because books are so easy to wrap.) The girls have been so excited to unwrap one every night before they go to bed. You would think they were unwrapping a new doll.

No comments: