Sunday, December 5, 2010

SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping. I know it shouldn't be but it is always stressful. I rarely leave the store without forgetting half my list. I rarely leave the store in a good mood and I rarely leave the store without one of my children crying. When I got home all I wanted to do was work on a quilt I started yesterday and have determined to finish it by the end of next week. (In all of these goal and expectations and to-do-lists I usually forget about her and the other little one.)
Nate called and asked, "Did you take the girls outside today?" I confessed I hadn't.(It was a beautiful day and I had good intentions.) I finished bathing the girls put them in their pajamas and told them to get in the car. I forgot a coat, then my keys, then my camera, then a stroller. By the time I made four trips back inside I was ready to blow a gasket. Actually, I did blow a gasket. Then neither of my girls wanted to be by me let alone go on a forced excursion with me.
But thankfully nature has a way of quieting all our souls. We need to go outside more.

No comments: