Thursday, December 2, 2010

WE ARE BLESSED

Well, Sierra has been begging for a Christmas tree since we went to Grandma's house and saw hers. I told her today would be the day we would go and get a Christmas tree. We have always bought real trees, but this year for various reasons we are going fake. Well, I was heading out to Walmart to find one, when I stopped in at the local thrift store to find some batting. I am making the girls stockings this year and have found batting in thrift stores on occasion. Sierra was so excited when we pulled up and screamed, "Is this were you get Christmas trees?" I said, "No, we are just going in for a minutes." But apparently this is where you go to get Christmas tress. We found the beautiful tree below, plus lights and decor and even a star for the top for..... drum roll please $15.00. We feel very blessed. It is not fully decorated. I am waiting for Sierra to get back from school. She was very particular about what we needed to buy and was telling MJ just how it was going to be done. I think I named her right. She is named after my sister who is very good at putting home decor together, including Christmas Trees. This is not my thing and I will admit it freely. I am glad I have a daughter who is intrested in it.
One of the bulbs broke. I dropped a chair on it, don't ask. MJ rushed over to Sierra and kept patting her and saying, "Sorry Sarah." I thought it was so sweet. Then she ran into the kitchen where I was getting stuff to clean up the broken glass and said, "Hands mom." I freaked out for two seconds and then realized it was just foil.

No comments: