Saturday, December 18, 2010

OUR ANGEL


Last night they had the Fruita Christmas parade. All of the little primary children dressed up as angels or shepherds and piled into the back of a flat bed truck with hay. On board the truck was also a Mary and Joseph and a baby Jesus, which wasn't real, at least that is what Sierra said. She said, "Mom we were suppose to wave to all the people but I couldn't see the people because they wouldn't let me stand up, so I only got to wave to the other kids in the truck." I was a little sloppy with her costume I just threw a white skirt over her coat and warm clothes and put a yellow headband in her head. She told me she didn't look like a real angel because she didn't have wings. Then I gave her a long lecture on the fact that angels don't have wings. Then she seemed satisfied. When she arrived at the church and some others mimicked her earlier comments she retorted with my lecture. I was proud. Although, she asked if she might be able to wear wings next year anyway, I think that could be arranged.

No comments: