Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BUTTERFLY

We found this beautiful swallow tail butterfly on Sister K's property yesterday.
Sierra has been carrying it around and introducing it to all of her friends.
The butterfly had passed and was lying lifeless on the the ground when it was discovered. Its beautiful body was rescued from being a chicken's lunch by Sierra. I wish we had some velvet and pins to permanently display it.

Another less cute, kind of scary story....

MJ almost died yesterday. She choked on a piece of chicken and couldn't get her breath. I grabbed her and started performing the Heimlich maneuver on her. First, the way you do on an infant and when that didn't work I flipped her up and started doing it the adult way. During the process, Sierra started frantically screaming at the top of her lungs, "Help her mom... she is going to die!!!" I told her she wasn't helping and she needed to go to her room. Thankfully, she immediately did.
Finally, the stubborn thing flew free.
She was fine.
MJ cried for a long while after and finally when she calmed down and I stopped shaking she asked, "Mom, why you were hitting me on the back? Did I have a bug on me?"
I laughed.

Lastly....

MJ is sick today. She is napping right now. I am so grateful.

No comments: