Tuesday, June 7, 2011

THREE BEAUTIFUL BABIES

Aren't these the cutest cousins ever?
They are all within five months of each other.
I hope they are the best of friends, all their lives.
One of these cuties calls her grandma, dam-ma.
I know it is bad, but it really makes me giggle.
I love it when she screams it.

Today, was cousin Ty's birthday.
We filled up water balloons and had a war. (My brother may have hit me in the back of the head with one really hard. It may have hurt.)
A small orange water balloon became more than a balloon to Sierra, it became baby mango.
She carried it around all afternoon loving it like a real baby.
She hid it snugly in her bed, so her cousins wouldn't hurt it.
She even asked her Aunt if baby mango could go with her back to her cousin's home.
She said, if baby mango couldn't go she couldn't either.
(Her Aunt knowing the life span of such things, consented.)
Well, then it happened... baby mango met her demise on the kitchen floor.
Grandma, not knowing the bond she had with balloon, handed Sierra a mop and said, "Clean it up."
 She sniffed and said to her cousin, "Baby mango died and now I have to clean her up."
Then she went and played and came back and asked, "If I bury baby mango in the ground will she come back alive." Grandpa said, no.
Sierra cried. We tried to hold our giggles in. Some of us did better than others.

No comments: