Friday, June 10, 2011

HOGLE ZOO, UTAH


This little boy wanted to go to the zoo.
It was his birthday. He turned four. He was in heaven.
We paired the kids up because there were a lot of them and we didn't want them to get lost.
My little Sierra was paired with her cousin. They held hands the whole way. I thought it was pretty cute.
I didn't worry about her and just pushed MJ along and looked at animals.
We arrived at the bird show. No Sierra.
We sat there for a while chatting before someone noticed. We asked her partner where she was and she didn't know. Luckily, I remembered seeing her just before we went into the bird show.
I and my sisters went to find her.
I walked out of the bird show and looked at the hundreds of people passing by and thought there is no way we are going to find her.
We walked over to the carousal hoping she had lingered there for minute. I checked in the bathrooms.
I turned to my sisters and threw up my hands and said, "There is no way we are going to find her."
Michelle said, "What would she do in this situation?" I said, "I don't know?"
We have never had the, if you get lost talk.
I regretted it.
I was filling in my lungs with air getting ready to run through the zoo screaming her name, when my sister turned back and saw her sobbing and holding hands with one of the concession stand workers.
Relief flooded over us and we all got a little choked up.
Sadly, I think the only thing she will remember, about this beautiful sunny day at the zoo, for the rest of her life will be getting lost.

Well, we head back to Colorado tomorrow. Wish me luck. I hope the trip is smooth. I will get a recommendation from my voice teacher, so I can continue singing in Colorado.  









No comments: