Monday, September 9, 2013

CAPTURE the PRINCESS

Family night was tonight. I am trying to dedicate myself to doing family night more faithfully. It isn't like we don't do family night but we have a lesson maybe twice a year. Most of our family nights consist of just spending time together. It seems as though lately everything counts. We ate dinner together, family night! We watched an episode of My Little Pony's, family night! We stopped off at the library on the way back from school, family night! We made cookies, family night! I want to make family night, a night where I actually teach my children. Yesterday I rededicated myself to the purpose of family night. I thought about what I wanted to teach my kids, and put together a lesson for today. Wow! There was my once a year. Maybe next week, we will try for twice in one year.  I know family night is an inspired program. I know if we live it, we will be blessed. I am getting there.

After family night we played a game. (I remembered this one night playing a game with my father. He turned out all the lights and dumped a bunch of pennies in a doorway. We had to crawl, if we stood we were disqualified. The object was to get the pennies before we were tagged.) I played with my kids tonight. I was a little vague on the rules, so I made up my own. The girls had a riot. I have a rug burns to prove I played hard. James fussed the whole time. We need to play again when he is in a better mood because I think he would enjoy the game. (Nate was of course resting his back on the couch. Poor guy!)

We had chocolate chip cookies and milk for dessert. He really liked his. Yes, I let him have one. He devoured the whole thing. Yummy!



 
I have no idea where I got this girl. She begged me for all my national geographic magazines. She jumped up and down for ten seconds when I brought them into her and told her she could look at them while she fell asleep. She made me find my old geology book from my college days and her fathers. Those are in the pile too. She mostly looks at the pictures. She must be her father's daughter.

No comments: