Friday, September 6, 2013

SURPRISE VISIT (I GOT TO SEE SHELLY!)

My sweet friend Shelly from Pittsburgh stopped in to say, hi. I haven't seen in her three years. She has four beautiful children now, two of which I hadn't even met. I was so excited to see them in person. We spent the evening eating a simple homemade meal, talking and letting our children play. James, Nate, Sierra, Hailey and Beckett went scorpion hunting on dinosaur hill. Shelly and I opted to spend time hanging out and attempt to get the children to bed. (Who doesn't love a good scorpion hunt, but hey someone has to tend to the little ones.) Madison wanted to bunk down with little Audrey but she too excited to actually sleep. We eventually had to split them all up. I was a bit sad knowing it maybe the only evening they spend together....ever, but sleep is necessary. Drat.
 
They had to leave early the next morning. They have a busy month ahead of them. I don't envy there schedule but hopefully everything will go smoothly. I gave Shelly a big hug and she was off. It was like a dream. I am still not sure if they were really here, thankfully I have pictures to prove it.
 
 

No comments: