Saturday, September 7, 2013

SWEET SIERRA's BAPTISM

 
In case you are wondering why this event isn't well documented, note the lack of cooperation between two co-conspirators to thwart my efforts. Nate, Sierra, I am calling you out.  I love you and it is your choice, but if you ever wonder why their aren't a lot of pictures of this beautiful day these first two pictures will remind you. Crazy kids!

I love you so much little girl you mean everything to me. I got to stand up before you baptism and talk a little bit about you. It was precious. I want you to always remember how truly loved you are. You came into our life at the perfect time. Your daddy and I are so blessed to have you as an oldest daughter. You have been such a sweet friend and companion to your father. You have always been enthusiastic about engaging in all of his adventures from scorpion hunting to fishing. You are the dearest big sister to Madison and James and a great example of choosing the right. You are the best helper to me. You assist me in everything from cooking dinner to scrubbing the toilets to bathing your baby brother. 
 
When you were baptized and your daddy was standing with you in the baptismal font as he started to say the words, "Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ." He got chocked up because the spirit of our Father-in-Heaven was so strong and beautiful in the room. As I was waiting for you at the waters edge, my mind was called back to our wedding day. Your father was given a special blessing when he was a young man and was told that when he married his wife, "the glory of the Heavens would be poured out upon him." He expected to receive that promise in one beautiful moment in the temple as we were married for eternity. Our wedding day came and I have to tell you your daddy was so nervous we were grateful to just make it through the day. He was a little disappointed this miraculous moment was never felt. When he was standing there in white with you and pronounced the words of your baptism, the spirit said to me, "This is the moment and there will be more." The glories of heaven were felt. I hope you felt it.
 
You came out of the water shaking. I felt bad. (I will remember to bring a blanket for Madison.) You couldn't get warm. I tried to run you a hot shower but the water wouldn't turn hot, so I scratched that idea and got your dressed really quickly and held you tight until you were warm. I asked your dad, "Was the water cold?" He said, "No." You said, "Mom, why did they heat the water for dad and not for me?" I giggled because you were in the same water.
 
 
We went back into the chapel and your Grandpa Craven talked about the guiding power of the Holy Ghost. Madison started whining she was hungry and thirsty, so I could barely hear. Then she got this look of absolute fear on her face and cried out, potty! I was sad I missed grandpa's talk. I hope you remember his words.
 
Grandma and Grandpa Craven took you out for a sundae afterwards.
 
I wish I had of gotten a picture of everyone who was there. Your Grandma and Grandpa McKnight came at great sacrifice. Your grandma was really sick and Aunt Bonnie just had a new baby. They could only stay for the day. Uncle Brandon and Aunt Heather came and brought Caleb and Jarom. They could only stay for the day. Grandpa and Grandma Craven, Aunt Kimberly and Aunt Tamara, and Uncle Derrick and Aunt Jennifer and baby Charlotte, all came for two days.
 
By the evening, all the McKnight family had gone home. We made fajitas and chocolate chip cookies and sat around playing a game where you say the names of fruit without showing your teeth. You were always the first to laugh.  
 
 
 

No comments: