Friday, September 27, 2013

PLAYING in the DRIVEWAY

 Sierra got home from school today and I was finishing canning pears and grape juice.
James has been fussing all day because of a tooth and a cold. Yep, he is sick again. Poor baby.
He isn't happy unless I am laying on the couch.
I will lay down he will cuddle with me for a second.
Then he will slide off of me and crawl away and start playing with some toy.
I will sneak off the couch and go back to canning.
He won't notice for a few minute.
Then he will notice.
He will start to scream and cry and crawl after me.
Then, I am back on the couch.
 
I begged my sweet Sierra to take care of him while I finished up.
She was complaining her arms were tired from holding him.
He is a big kid.
I suggested she take him out in his stroller and walk around the front yard.
By the time she got his pants on and wrapped him in a blanket I was two pears away from being done.
They went anyway.
I was grateful for a five minute break.
Then I had to go get James to feed him
 
Sierra said they were hunting for treasures in the Whitehead's gravel.
I was shocked at how much stuff they found.
Kids are more observant than adults, this is one fact I know from being a mother.
 
When I got back from feeding James, Madison was in hysterics.
Sierra was trying to control her play again.
She is getting to big to have her sister tell how to do things, but Sierra keeps trying.
It frustrates Madison and makes her cry.


 

 

No comments: