Monday, February 3, 2014

CHOCOLATE SYRUP

Dear Mortgage Lending Lady,
 
You are amazing.
Thank you for trekking out in the cold to bring me all the paperwork and pick up our earnest money.
You were patient while Madison giggled so loud I couldn't hear you.
You were patient with my baby whining because he is so sick.
 
I am sorry we repaid you with chocolate syrup.
When you stood up, I saw the chocolate syrup on the back of your pants.
My daughter spilt it on the chair you were sitting on this morning. 
Maybe I would have seen it and wiped it if I hadn't been so frazzled trying to clean up the house, and care for my sick baby boy.
I wanted to say something.
It was just awkward.
"Sweet lady... you have chocolate syrup on your backside. Let me help you clean it up."
I just didn't know how to form the words.
Maybe no one will notice.
You were wearing a long sweater at least.
 
You may find a small amount of satisfaction in the fact that my chair was covered in syrup too.
Maybe not, I can get a new pair more easily than you.
Sorry.
Awkward.
Sorry.
 
I will get those papers back to you as soon as possible.
 
Me.

No comments: