Friday, August 21, 2015

ASHTON MAXWELL and the HOUSE

He is growing deliciously well. I want to nibble every bulge of skin. This morning I squeezed him so hard he cried. I felt bad. I just love him so much. Then I had to release and kiss all of his squeezed-to-hard parts. He makes little o's with his lips and then noises like a monkey. He rolls and scotches everywhere. He is the smilest kid. (I know smilest is not a word but I had to use it because that is what he is.) On Sunday the young women begged to take him to class, I told them that was fine as long as he didn't disturb the classroom. Several minutes later the young women's president brought him back bursting with squeals and happy noises. She handed him to me sweetly and said, "I am sorry Lisa, he is too big of a distraction, even for me! But, I am afraid that is what he will be his whole life!" I have to agree. He is a heart throb. He smiles at everyone in church. Everyone comments on what a happy child he is. I am so glad we made it to four kids. Each one is such a joy and adds pounds to my joy. He has adds pounds and pounds of joy to my heart.
 
Today, I went to the house. The carpet layers are done. I am going this afternoon to vacuum all the excess carpet fragments and clean the bathroom and rid it of all its food storage. (A totally other story.) I will be cleaning and touching up and arranging all the electrical outlets and smiling so big my cheeks hurt. I can't even begin to convey the level of happiness I have felt these last few days. Sierra said it best when she said, "Poor Ash, he will never know what we have been through with this house. He will never feel this moment of joy because he never saw it all yucky." She is right. I think joy is compensatory to pain. This house has been such a pain in our side since we picked it up a year and half ago, when James was crawling and Ashton wasn't even a thought. To see the end in sight and to know I will soon live inside its perfect crooked walls is pure joy. Earthly tongue can not convey how my heart feels, but it is other-world-happy. 



No comments: