Friday, August 7, 2015

SIERRA is TEN!

This is the first year my baby girl hasn't had a summer birthday. She was disappointed. I am glad we had a big water party last year for her birthday. We probably won't be able to do that again.
 
I can't believe my baby is ten and it is her last year in elementary school. Next year she will be in junior high. I am terrified. I don't want to grow up. This year we opted out of having a party. I just let her invite one special friend for a fun evening. We went to Claire's and got her ears pierced and Sierra and Ava picked out mood, best friend, necklaces. They were checking out each other's moods all  evening.
 
Then went to eat at a cheap Chinese place in the mall. Sierra's favorite fast food is Chinese. I was disappointed, but I don't know what I was expecting. We would have gone somewhere else if I didn't have a nursing baby, but we were on a tight timeline. Then we went to Get Air. Sierra, Ava and I jumped for an hour straight. I was begging the girls to leave by the end off it. Sierra was giggling and thought it was cool that I was jumping with them the whole time. I don't typically get to participate when we do things like that because I am too busy tending the baby. It was fun to let my hair down and just play with my girl I know she loved it.
 
She got a Lego set, and smelly pens and a pencil box with a Spiro-graph, and a kick-ball. She was so cute. On the way home from school that day she asked me if her presents were awesome. I downplayed it by saying, they are okay. After opening her presents she said, "Mom, I thought you said my presents were okay they weren't okay, they were terrific." I told her that evening I was sorry her pencil box was pink, I knew her favorite color is blue but I couldn't find one in blue, just in pink. She said, "Mom, I don't care. I love it because you bought it for me. I don't care if it's pink." Then after opening her smelly pens, they came in two sets of each color, she said, "Ava you can have one of my sets. Is that okay mom, if Ava has one of my sets?" I said, "Of course." Then so that Madison wouldn't feel left out she gave her a pack of gum that she received as a gift.
 
Ava gave her ten dollars in cash at Claire's. She threw her arms around Ava and said, "Thank you so much, that is the best present ever!" She used the cash to buy the necklaces. I was just so completely taken by her sweetness all day.  She is growing up so beautifully. I gave her a card to tell her how much I love her and she said it was one of the best parts of the whole day. It was the sweetest card. I realized how little I tell her I love her and how little I play with her. I need to do it more. I love her and I am so proud of her.
 
  


No comments: