Sunday, August 30, 2015

STORM

Thursday night a big storm blew in. I made dinner for my babies and my father-in-law. Sierra was up late doing her last minute due-Friday homework. I was washing the dishes in the kitchen. The lightning was cutting the sky and the thunder was booming. All of the sudden we lost electricity. Sierra said, "Mom, I am scared." She rushed over to me and curled up to my back and shadowed me around as I located a candle and matches. I got the candle out of storage and lite it. She finished her math homework by candle light. She thought that by-candle light was the coolest way to do homework. She was so hyper by the excitement of doing homework by candle light she would not calm down to go to sleep. While I was nursing Ashton she got a bloody nose. She was hung over the toilet and it was just dripping. Luckily, by that time the electricity was back. We couldn't get her bloody nose under control. I looked up on the internet how to. They said to pinch the soft part of the nose for ten straight minutes. It worked. She finally got to bed a mid-night. It was hard getting her out of bed the next morning. However, I hope she remembers doing homework by candle light. We should do it more often. She enjoyed it a lot.

No comments: