Monday, August 31, 2015

THANK YOU GRANDPA

My father-in-law has been ill for the last five months. He experienced temporary paralysis on his right side. He had pneumonia, which wiped him out.  I was worried because his heart isn't the healthiest. I was worried every day that we might loose him. He has had a fabulous recovery. He is not all the way back but he is mostly and we are grateful.

Grandpa came out on the train on Tuesday to help on the house. James was running around like a crazy boy and my hands were full with Ashton again. One of the train people gave James a coloring book, crayons, and a paper conductors hat. He was excited until Ashton ate it. Grandpa worked on the house on Tuesday and Wednesday alone but I got to join him on Thursday. I think I missed my calling in life. I should have done construction. I really enjoy watching things come together.  I think of all the things I did in college I made the worst choice possible. I could have done so many wonderful things that could have benefited my life more. Sigh. Ashton just sat there and watched me work. James went to visit my friend Lilly. He loves Lilly. She said she enjoyed him following her around too. I was grateful not have him into things that could cause him harm.

Thursday night we rented a Danny Kaye movie for Dad to watch. I was surprised at James willingness to sit still and watch it with his grandpa. The girls also enjoyed it. We had ice cream for dessert that night.

Friday, Mom and Jenny came into town. They all had dental appointments. Dad had a failing crown. He will have to return in three weeks. We are glad he will be returning soon. We sure like having him around.

Friday night they played board games with the girls. They sure enjoyed that. We don't play board games that often as a family. They sure enjoy having someone play with them.

After tweaking a few more things they took off Saturday afternoon. Sierra jumped in the car and went with them. She wanted to go help my family get ready for the upcoming wedding. My sweet sister Tamara will be marrying Chase on Friday. We are so excited for both of them. We love having a new uncle. My girls love Chase. I hope Sierra is helpful. I think she mostly plans on living at the Bosch Kitchen Center and helping my mother at work every day. It is her dream to grow up and work there. Thanks Mom and Dad McKnight for shuttling her there.


James looks so much like my nephew Jayden in this picture. I never thought they looked much alike but there is something about this picture.

No comments: