Monday, August 24, 2015

HOME DEPOT with the BOYS

I am not sure why I took both of these pictures at such weird angles but aren't these boys the cutest things ever. I love the car carts at the Home Depot. They are perfect. The boys would agree.

Nate called this morning and asked me if I wanted to meet him at the IHOP for breakfast and then head over to Home Depot to pick up paint colors for the exterior of our home. James loved having pancakes with whipped cream on them. He leaned over the back of our restaurant bench and introduced himself to three elderly gentlemen who were having breakfast together. He said, "Hi! I James." The old man smiled and said, "I am James too." They had a great conversation. James introduced them to me, "this my best mom." He said as he gave me a big side squeeze. He was animated and excited. The old men were cute to play along.

Then we went to the Home Depot to pick paint colors. Nate settled on the color. I told him what I wanted but ultimately I settled to let him have his way with the exterior because he let me have my way with the interior. I am not a fan of green houses, but I can live with it especially because it is his favorite color. I did make him promise to put white trim around the windows and door. I love country home that are white with black shutters, but it's okay to have a green house with white shutters too.

James needed to go potty at the Home Depot. He ran into the men's bathroom. I went in to grab him, just as a man was stepping up to the urinal. I backed out and yelled, "James come back." He wouldn't come. Luckily the door was propped open, so I felt a little more in control but still scared. The man exited just as another man walked in and stepped up to the urinal. I couldn't run in and grab him. The man exiting chuckled and said, "I guess he felt the best way to get that done was by stripping down." I panicked, "James, come here." All the while this sweet voice is saying, "I coming momma. I doing it momma. I getting my clothes mommy. I doing it momma." I finally stepped in the door to check on him and told the man at the urinal to ignore me. James was putting on his shoes. I slipped back out. He followed. Oh, my! He neglected to wash his hands. I just threw him in the cart and handed him a wipe and got out of there.  Navigating a boy world!


No comments: