Thursday, October 22, 2015

APPLE SEASON

The brisk morning air has been so soul satisfying to breath in. I love fall.
The apples are sweet.
I and my boys went and picked apples and have more apples than we know what to do with.
I am hopping to dedicate tomorrow to apple sauce.
 
While picking apples I climbed to the precarious top run of the step ladder.
I was holding on to an unsteady branch.
I told James to sit on the ladder to help weigh it down a bit.
Instead he climbed up the ladder and grabbed hold of my ankles and said, "I not let you fall mommy. I got you."
He was clinging with all his might.
He is so little but so strong and I am certain he wouldn't have let me fall.
 
I picked the best apple on the tree and asked him to run and give it to Brother Chuck.
He looked at it and then grabbed another less worthy apple out of the bucket and ran off.
He came back eating the best apple on the tree.
I didn't know what happened.
Brother Chuck said he came over and said he had an apple in each hand and held out both of them, but ultimately offered the less worthy apple.
Only my fruit loving boy.
 
Ashton stayed in this wagon the whole time. I was afraid he was going to try and crawl out and do a head dive. I prayed that the angel in heaven would watch over him while I picked. He was happy and content and never budged from his little play area. A true miracle. 
 

No comments: