Saturday, October 24, 2015

APPLESAUCE DAY 5

We have been making applesauce all week. I am glad to have finally finished the two big totes full of apple in my living room. I have two buckets in the back of my car still. I have so many more apples to do, it is a bit overwhelming. I wonder why I do it, sometimes. 
 
My landlady stopped me the other day and said are you canning applesauce? I said, "Yes." She said, "Don't they have case lot sales for that?" I said, "Yep and I can certainly afford to go down and buy several cases, but it is about something more. It is about teaching my girls about industry and thrift and hard work, because the world may not always look the way it does now and I want them to know how to survive." She laughed and said, "I understand, I did the same thing as a young mother." Did she?
 
The girls did work so hard for two straight hours the stood at that counter and pressed apples into sauce. I am grateful to pass on the legacy I have been given.
 
I am no prepper but feel it is our obligation to utilize the gifts Heavenly Father gives us. I feel a great responsibility to not waste but use what he sends me well. I think if I do that, I will always be okay. I have seen the principle of thrift and work in my life I want my children to embrace it too. Besides, organic homemade applesauce, there is no better taste in the world. No store can bottle it. No person will put that much time and love into a bottle. No business person will see the profit margin in it. It will only be appreciated by a mother and the bodies she nurtures.


He has paint on his face from helping Kay paint her Pig-Mahal yesterday. A massive pig pen. He loved it and was very careful.

No comments: