Thursday, October 22, 2015

BABY GIRL TURNED SEVEN

 
Life doesn't slow down. I can't believe she is seven. Her favorite foods are still apples and potatoes. She would live off them if she could. She is still so sweet and beautiful. She loves everyone. She giggles more than she doesn't. Her favorite color is now orange. She loves stuffed animals just like her older sister. (She isn't a doll or Barbie girl, neither of my girls are.) She wanted to make her own cake for her birthday. I let her. She loved every minute of it. She decorated and decorated and decorated. Nate said, "I think you missed a spot with the sprinkles." Of course he was teasing her. She filled that cake with sprinkles and frosting and then she dished out everyone a huge slice. She dished herself out the biggest slice, added more frosting, extra sprinkles, two scoops of ice cream, and then went to bed without even eating one bite. Yep, that is my girl. She likes sugar on occasion but for the most part doesn't care about it. She gives away half of her Halloween candy every year.
 
Madison,
 
I love you so much. You fill our world with so much JOY. You are so sweet to your brothers. You love them so much. Ashton and James adore you. Ashton loves to crawl after you. I love how James calls you Maddie. I don't like the name Maddie, but when he says it so filled with love toward you it makes me love it. I love how you love necklaces and have worn one to school every day of the first grade. I love that you wear a skirt every day. I love that you let me do your hair and your fingernails. I know you said today again, "I am not your baby girl anymore. I am just your girl." But....I still want to call you my baby girl because you are my favorite, baby girl.
 
Love, Mom.
 
Why do the years roll on so fast?


No comments: