Monday, January 18, 2016

FEVER

All night long I was up with this little one, he had a high fever. He has been fighting a cough and runny nose like James and I, but he has been so happy you couldn't tell he was sick. Then yesterday he crawled up to me and just laid down on my chest. I was watching Winnie the Pooh with James. He snuggled close and began to breath heavy. A few minutes later his body temperature began to rise. Poor baby, here we go again. When the baby is sick you worry more and it breaks your heart more. I brought his bed into the family room and slept on the couch again. At one point he fell asleep cuddled up under my arm. My arm started to go numb, I thought I could gently move it out from under this head but I am not that good. Even after ten years, almost eleven, of being a parent. He started to scream and scream and scream for twenty minutes. I felt bad and vowed not to try and move my arm next time.
 
I hoping tonight I will get to sleep in my own bed. We will see.

 







No comments: