Sunday, August 1, 2010

DINOSAUR MUSEUM

Well, we got a pass to the local dinosaur museum. It is three minutes from the house and we thought it would be a good activity for the girls. Nate took us as a family yesterday. He spent the whole day with us, which was nice.
There were a lot of dinosaur bones there. I told Nate this could be cooler than the Carnegie museum until he burst my bubble by saying, "Yeah, but their bones are real. These are only replicas." Sigh. Then as we got further in and it turned into a mini house of horrors.
The dinosaur's were robotic and they could move around, open and close their eyes, and open their mouths. Sierra was a little bit hesitant but accepting
Until we rounded a corner and saw this guy. Okay, I know this museum was built for children. There is a sand pit where they can dig for bones. There is a water place where they can play. Who, allowed this grotesque thing to be present in a children's museum. Ahhh. I hoped she wouldn't notice, but she did. She hasn't slept in her own bed since and she keeps screaming and saying dinosaur robots are going to get her. Great. They will hear from me. I am sending a letter. It isn't bad enough that it is so grotesque. What is worse are the sound effects and the way it rips its head back and forth. Ahh. This is not family friendly people. Enough of that.
I did find this interesting. Here is a picture of the man who discovered the dinosaur on dinosaur hill and the bones he discovered. Pretty cool.
Here is a little article on our small city. We are a little famous for our dinosaurs.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It sounds like a fun museum, but I agree on the giant robotic one...it's creepy. I hope she gets over it quickly for your sake so that you can all get some sleep.

Hayley and Josh said...

I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying your new home in Colorado. We miss you here! Everything looks so quaint and nice (except for the grotesque dinosaur of course...)

Oh, and by the way, I still have your pink princess bucket. Brinkley plays with it in the tub every day. I'm sorry we're thieves. But it is a good reminder of you! :)