Thursday, August 12, 2010

LESSON IN SELFISHNESS

Well, last night Daddy came home with a special treat for CC and one for me. Aren't they beautiful?
CC ate the top cupcake and said she was going to share the bottom one with the rest of us. Well, it must of tasted really good because the entire thing disappeared. I asked Nate, "What happened to the rest of the cupcake?" He said, "I think she ate it." I said, "CC, did you eat that whole thing?" She didn't respond. The next morning I am laying in bed and I hear a scream of shear terror. I jump up to see what was happening. Sierra has the cupcake and it is covered in ants. She hid it under her bed because she was too full to eat the entire thing but didn't want to share. The ants got it instead. We have a large ant problem. The girls have been forbidden to take food out of the kitchen. I think she thought if she was sneaky she could get away with it. I am grateful for the simple lessons my Father-in-Heaven teaches my children.

3 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

A good lesson, although it is going to be a pain for you. The flowers are so beautiful. I love those kinds of surprises. You can put a few drops of peppermint oil in a spray bottle, fill it up with water and spray around all your doors and windows, even carpets and those ants will not come in. They hate peppermint oil. And, it won't leave a sticky mess or harmful chemicals behind. If that doesn't work (I think it will) you can always resort to 409 around the doors and baseboards.

shellydinger said...

We have a bzillion ants too. Thank you for not posting a picture of the cupcake carnage. The flowers are so beautiful! What a thoughtful husband.

Nicki Dunn said...

Love the flowers, what a nice surprise! CC is funny, and smart- {allbeit selfish} thinking hiding that cupcake. Simple lessons she'll never forget- or you won't let her! :) Love ya.