Saturday, August 7, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BIG GIRL

Well, my friend Bethany made this cute barbie cake with the cake as the dress. I think my mom may have made one when I was little because it brought back a few memories. I decided to make one for Sierra. To say the least, it didn't work out. It turned more into a princess relaxing in a bath tub. Sierra was excited about her cake though and I guess that is all that matters.
I was going to go and pick up a bike for her the night before her birthday but Nate wanted to let her pick out her own on her birthday, so that is what we did. She picked out her bike and then wouldn't get off it. She drove it through the check stand, the lady scanned it and she drove it out of the store.
Nate dropped us off a little ways from our home, so she could ride her bike home. (I had to include this picture because with the mountains in the distance you would think it was taken in Utah somewhere.)
The bike came with this water bottle and I think she may have been about as excited about it as she was the bike. Also, thank you so much Anne for giving her your bike helmet, she loves it and it fits perfect.
The primary president and another woman from the ward came over to our home and gave Sierra a treat and a balloon. She was so excited, it made her day. It touched my heart and made me feel like she was apart of something,.. I guess in all ward's children are members of the primary, but it really was such a sweat gesture. I think she was as excited about that balloon as she was anything else.

I love this little girl so much. I often think, why was I so blessed to have her as my daughter. She is so compassionate and is always concerned about my well being. She loves her little sister so much and wants to teach her and encourage her and love her. She gets excited about things Nate is excited about and is such a good companion for him. I could not have hand picked a more perfect oldest child she truly is one of my very greatest blessings. I love you little princesses. I am never going to let you grow up and go to school, never. I want to keep you forever. I can hear her little echo, "You will mom, but it will be okay because Madison will be here with you and I will come home, I will only be gone for a little while." I can't even really think about it. I haven't registered or done any of the paperwork. I haven't even walked into the school and it starts on the 23rd. I think I am in denial. I am going to try and keep it together but I am going to cry that whole day.

5 comments:

bourgeois gal said...

Wow, Lisa....is she 5 already? Is it possible we've known each other for 4 years?! She's such a sweetheart---always has been, and I'm so happy for her growth!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! What a cute bike, I hope it was a good day for you all!!

Joy said...

Yay! She finally got her bike. Love the cake by the way...I think it looks like a princess sitting down and the dress billowing around her. Did it taste good?

Jess said...

Haha! Love the cake! Happy Birthday Sierra we sure miss you!

PS Are you going to come and visit me????

Caroline Craven said...

Count on the tears the first day of school, just try not to let Sierra see it. It makes it harder for them.