Saturday, February 12, 2011

ANOTHER PURPOSE FOR THE JOURNEY

My sister is an amazing artist. I can't begin to tell you how amazing. I have wanted a large picture of Christ in my living room for as long as I can remember. After seeing her portfolio, I begged her to do a picture for my home. I am so proud of how it turned out. It will be in a central place in my home forever. When we were at the family reunion in Arizona last month I was talking to my Aunt Louise, aunt by marriage, she said, "Lisa, what do you remember most about your home growing up." Then not waiting for my answer she said, "The art on the wall. The sayings. The pictures." She went on to say how important home decor choices are. I never thought about it before. My home decor could be described as an uncoordinated hodgepodge of random pieces given to me over a life time. Although, some pieces have had significance, most have had little or nothing to contribute to an message I want to voice to my children. A dear friend came and hung this picture on my wall this afternoon and I have barley been able to look at it without being overcome because I know my house is a home now and this piece will send an important message to Sierra throughout her life. I hope the message is of how much the Savior loves her. If you would like an original piece of art for your home, you can contact my sister here. Worth every penny, I would say. The funds will help her through college too. Love you Kimbery.

No comments: