Saturday, February 5, 2011

UNCLE BRAD

Randomly, Uncle Brad was in town while I was visiting. (He was their filming a cooking show for KBYU.) A few seconds after I pulled in the phone rang and he invited me to attend one of his classes and come to Heather's house for dinner on Saturday night. (The grapevine travels fast when you are related to half of Orem.)He was so kind to invite me and I had an amazing time. He announced in front of the class that I was his niece. Then he went on to say the owner of the store was my uncle. The ladies were confused because they knew my Uncle Alma was not related to Chef Brad. I had to clarify that I was his niece by marriage. It is hard to explain. He really is almost better than any uncle of mine by relation. He has made me feel more welcome into Nate's extended family than anyone else. Heather opened her home on Saturday night for a family dinner. I love visiting her home. She is a gracious host and there is such a peaceful spirit in her home. Here is a picture of us in her living room with a few cousins.

Laugh: I hesitated to post this picture because my muffin top makes me look three months pregnant. However, sadly, I am not pregnant. I am just a little chunky. ;)

No comments: