Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FHE and VALENTINES

I wish I was a creative person. I am not but looking at a cousin's blog inspired me to know that family home evening can in fact be fun. I stole her idea. We learned about missionary services last night. Sierra was suppose to go and knock on her Dad's door and ask him if he wanted to learn more about Christ. It took her several attempts but she finally mustarded the courage. Then when he said, Yes, she ran out of the door like a scared chicken. Madison was too busy swinging her tie back and forth in front of her Dad and saying, "I got a tie," to notice anything else was going on. Then Sierra asked Nate to tell her about his mission. Sierra said she doesn't ever want to go on a mission. It is too scarey. I do think she is right, being a missionary takes courage, whether you are wearing a name tag or not. (Note: The girls are wearing great-grandpa Wilson's clip on ties. I think he would have gotten a kick out of it. He was quite the actor himself.)Nate brought home roses for me, a ballon for Sierra, and chocolates for Madison. I was very suprised. These are the first roses he has ever bought me in our married life. I should clarify, he has bought me flowers of all varities and several plants but never roses. I think they are beautiful. You can see how much Sierra loves her balloon. She won't let it out of her hands.

No comments: