Monday, February 21, 2011

PRESIDENT'S DAY

I have a hard time getting out of bed. I don't know if it is because of this cold or whether I have become really lazy lately. My kids force me out of bed every morning. I want to be the kind of mom that embraces the morning, rising and singing merriment's to my little ones, but obviously not bad enough. MJ squealed,"I need to get dressed," over and over again until I got up, not a good way to greet the day.

I drug my body out of bed and turned on conference, lately I have been doing that a lot. Don't you love Elder Holland's talk? I do. I made blender pancakes for the girls as I listened to his words and sang along with the Mormon Tabernacle choir, which improved my morning. Then we took a bike ride through our little town. We went over to the local cemetery and rode through it. Sierra asked me to tell her the names on each grave stone. It was interesting. She told me she never wanted to die. I assured her that she wouldn't die before she was ready to. We had a few good conversations.

Then we spent the reminder of the day working on food storage and talking about the importance of it. Funny, I ran into a stranger at Lowes hunting for 5 gallon bucket, she was on the same quest. I inquired what she was going to do with her buckets she said, "Oh, put a little rice, beans, and grains in them." I chuckled. The same small voice whisphering in my ears must be whisphering in hers too. As I checked out, the man at the counter said, "There have been several people in today purchasing 5 gallon buckets, what is going on?"

No comments: