Thursday, February 10, 2011

VALENTINES DAY


I remember so vividly getting ready for Valentines Day in Elementary school. It was favorite holiday that was celebrated at school. I remember scrutinizing every card I received for hidden meanings. I was more than excited to do Valentines with Sierra today. We went and bought cards and candy and brought them home and laid it all out on the kitchen table. Then Sierra decided on a method of attack and went about choosing and stuffing. At one point she said, "Mom, do you feel like you are doing homework?" I said, "Don't you think this is a lot more fun than homework." She said, "Yes, but we do have to write a lot of names just like when you are doing homework." I made her write all the girls names on their cards. It is a long processes for a Kindergartener. She finished the night off by making a special Valentine for her sister and her dad, both were complete with a hand written, I love you, and most of the left over candy. She could bearly seal the envelopes, and as she ran to place MJ's next to her bed she shouted, "I love my Madison." P.S. I have a litte catching up to do from my trip. I will post those and back date them when I can.

No comments: