Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A CUTIE PIE and a SAD STORY

 Mr. James,
I am so in love with you.
I could kiss your soft newborn baby face forever.
I love to pinch your tiny bum, that fits in the palm of my hand.
Everything about you so is so adorable.


Sad Story.
Madison wasn't looking good again this morning.
She kept saying she was cold.
I bundled her up and thought, "Of course your cold you are so skinny."
My mother-in-law was watching Madison.
I went to take a nap with James.
I woke up and my mother-in-law said Kay had been by and was concerned about Madison.
She had a fever again.
103.
I took her to insta-care.
They said her heart rate was at 200.
She was dehydrated.
They said they wanted to test for strep or the flu.
They swabbed her nose and throat and she screamed.
Both tests came back negative.
They wanted to put in and IV to hydrate her.
I had to run home and feed James.
Luckily, my friend Lily was there with her.
I ran.
James was fine when I checked in, so I ran back.
When I got back in the room she was sitting there with her little IV in.
The nurse turned to me and said, "Who knew she would scream over a swab and not even flinch over an IV."
Brave little girl.
They took an X-ray.
They came back and said she had an ugly pneumonia.
They wanted to send her to St. Mary's in an ambulance.
I called our pediatrician for a second opinion.
Luckily, she was so sweet and willing to come in.
She gave her an antibiotic through her IV and said she could go home.
 
When I tucked Madison in tonight I asked her, like do ever night "What were your two best parts of the day, so you can tell your Father-in-Heaven about them?
She said, "Coming home."
Poor thing.


No comments: