Sunday, January 20, 2013

DADDY and ME

 
We arrived at 7:30am.
They gave me pill and told me to walk.
We walked.
I stopped walking at 10:00 had lunch and watched Our Miracle.
Then got up and walked some more.
At 1:00pm they gave me my epidural in preparation for breaking my water even though I hadn't felt a single contraction.
(They were shocked that I wasn't feeling my contractions.)
Then at 2:00 to 3:00 I was stuck at a six and felt like taking a nap. I love epidurals.
Then at 4:30 I started feeling mild cramps.
At 5:00 he started crowning,
The doctor was with another patient.
I waited a little while for him.
Then after three good pushes he was born at 5:17.
Easiest delivery yet.
 
While they cleaned me, they handed our boy to his Daddy.
When I looked over at that precious moment I was filled with this overwhelming feeling of joy and gratitude.
Isn't this what life is about?
It is hard.
It is pain filled.
It is unpredictable.
It is so precious.
It is so worth it.
It is so amazing.
Thank you Father-in-Heaven for my little man and his good Daddy and for allowing them both to be in my life.
I am so blessed!

No comments: