Monday, April 15, 2013

AUNT SUSANNA's CHINESE DINNER

 My Aunt Susanna volunteered to make my whole family plus the extended family dinner.
She just needed some one to chop vegetables.
I am amazing at chopping. It really is one of my best, not very useful, talents.
I told her I would be there.
 
It was so fun cooking with her.
I love her.
She is magical in the kitchen.





My brother. 
He was too hungry to wait.
He drank peaches.
I think he is handsome. Don't you?

 He was such a good little boy while I cooked.
 He was so happy.
He smiled for everyone.
All my cousin's were enamored with him.
They kept saying to eachother, "You have to see how smiley this baby is. I have never seen a happier baby!"
Thanks cousins we like him a lot too.

 I know yummy. Drooling yet?
 Sierra and Tyler were starving waiting for dinner.
I told them a secret.
Whenever I was starving waiting for dinner.
I would sneak over to my Grandma Hair's house.
She always had food.
She was always eager to nurish our little bodies.
All we had to do was mention we were hungry.
In true grandma fashion at the mention of hunger, she handed the kids crackers and cheese, carrot sticks, cheese sticks, and finally a small bottle of juice to share.
I told the kids they had to be sneaky because my mom never really liked it when I snuck snacks right before dinner.
They giggled.
Then we went back over to my mother's house.
They weren't sneaky.
They shared their crackers with the other starving grandkids.
They even passed around the juice grandma gave them.
Tyler finished off the last swallow.
Thus the glare Sierra is giving him. :)
I hope they remember our little trip to their great-grandma's house always.
It was a fun adventure in the middle of a busy day.



Sierra loved playing with my cousin Tanner.
Look at that grin.
She couldn't get enough.
He was so sweet with her.

No comments: